Well today is the first day of my recipe blog. I have made something very easy but equally delicious. Flapjacks. But that is so easy I hear you cry! Yes I agree, but you have to start somewhere and one, I have never made it before and two, after the lemon drizzle cake debacle the other day, flapjacks seemed the way to go!
100g/ 4oz butter or margarine Prep Time: 10mins
50g/ 2oz Demerara sugar Cooking Time: 45mins
4 tablespoons golden syrup Oven Temp: 180C, 350F gas 4
175g/ 6oz rolled oats Makes 12
- Heat oven to 180C/350F /gas 4.
- Base-line and grease a 28 x 18cm/ 11×7 inch Swiss roll tin.
- Place the sugar, butter and golden syrup together in a saucepan and gently heat until the butter has melted, stirring occasionally.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the oats, mixing thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared tin, pressing it out evenly using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 40mins.
- Cut in to 12 equal portions whilst still hot and leave to cool in the tin.
Once cooled you can always pour over some melted chocolate and leave to set. Other additions to the flapjacks could be apricots, dates, walnuts and even honey.
Perfect with a cup of tea or in the kids lunch box!
Seen here sprinkled with chocolate chips….mmm…